Qt (C++/QML) training
This course provides all the information needed to use the Qt framework by developing in C++ language with widgets and in QML with the QtQuick toolset.
At the end of the course the participants will have acquired the necessary knowledge to interpret pre-existing Qt code or develop Qt programs independently or alongside more experienced programmers.
- Duration: 1 day (from 9:00 to 18:00)
- Type: ~ 50% presentations, ~ 50% practical exercises
- Slides language and material provided: English
- Oral presentation language: Italian or English
- Number of participants: maximum 10 people
Each participant must have a laptop with pre-installed the Qt5 toolkit and QtCreator toolkit.
Therefore participants must have their own laptop with:
- Laptop PC with at least 4GB of RAM and 2GB of free disk space.
- Internet connection (direct or through the company proxy).
- For security reasons it is necessary that each participant backup their computer before the course.
The practical exercises will be carried out directly on the laptop’s operating system (Windows or Linux).
To get the best results from this course it is advisable to know the following topics:
- Knowledge of a Windows or Linux operating system (preferable)
- Knowledge of C++ programming language
Below are listed some of the topics covered during the course.
C++ and Widgets
- Introduction to Qt
- Installation of Qt and QtCreator IDE
- “Hello World” using Qt
- What are the Widgets
- Build a form using the designer
- Build a widget that uses C++ Signal/Slot
QML and QtQuick
- Introduction to QML and QtQuick
- QML designer
- QtQuick Controls 2
- QObject model
- Integration of QML/C++